Friday, September 29, 2023
Home Blog CALL Ministries: Answering the Call to Serve Mercer County

CALL Ministries: Answering the Call to Serve Mercer County

CALL Ministries: Answering the Call to Serve Mercer County

They feed families. They clothe children. They encourage responsibility and create dignity through their work-for program. They partner with the community. They are always striving to hear God for the next step.

What is CALL Ministries?

CALL Ministries stands for: Community Action Life Line. It was founded in 1990.

According to their website, “The most well known ministry is CALL Food Pantry which includes a clothing pantry, kitchen item pantry, books and personal care items. All client’s income, family size and residency are verified. If a family’s income is below 200% of the Federal Government’s Poverty level, the family is eligible to shop for these items every two weeks.

“Staffed entirely by volunteers, approximately 93% of every dollar donated goes to purchasing food. The other 7% is spent on rent, utilities, etc. We do NOT accept any government commodities or grants; we rely upon God to bring us the resources needed to feed those who are poor, clothe those who need clothes, give drink to those who need drink, in a Christian setting.”

Mercer County Backpack Program

CALL Ministries also organizes the Mercer County Backpack Program. This ministry provides any Mercer County student in Kindergarten through 4th grade, who is signed up for the Free Lunch Program at school, to receive a bag of food every Friday afternoon to take home. The bag normally contains two breakfasts, two lunches, two suppers, two snacks and two drinks.”

Unique to this ministry is the way the food pantry is designed. Much like a grocery store, eligible individuals are encouraged to shop for the items they would actually use, as opposed to simply accepting a box of random food items. Current Executive Director, Pastor Tim Clutter, says this is just one of the ways C.A.L.L. Ministries desires to build self worth, as well as responsibility. C.A.L.L. wants to be more than a hand out program; they desire to enrich the lives of all they encounter.

The Future

With a strong, faith-based board of directors, a good group of volunteers, and ongoing partnerships with businesses and organizations in the Mercer County community, C.A.L.L. Ministries looks forward to what God has planned for the future. That future, includes new executive director, Homer Burnett.

Former directorPastor Clutter said, “CALL Ministries accepts no government funding or commodities and truly trusts God to provide the resources we will need to serve in the ways he has asked us too.”

Contact CALL Ministries

Contact options are as follows:
or Phone: (419) 586-3574.

5 things we get by serving others

Jesus instructs us to lead through servant leadership. When we obey His commands there are things that we get out of it. Learn what those are in our free guide.

Download our guide here


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here