For the first time ever, Findlay and area residents will be able to attend an amazing global course offered in 30 countries!
Course Orientation: Sun., Jan. 3, 2021
Weekly classes: Mon., Jan. 11, 2021 – Mon., April 19, 2021
Classes will be held at 6:30-9:15 PM on Mondays
Commissioning Event held Sat., April 24, 2021
Registration is now open!
Web site: www.perspectives.org/Findlay
Public Facebook group: Perspectives Findlay OH
Discounted fee prior to November 22, 2020: $205 per adult.
Fee after Nov. 23, 2020: $230 per adult
Discounts are available!
Register before November 22, 2020 for a $25 discount.
2nd Family Member in the same class receives a $20 discount. Perspectives alumni are welcome and encouraged to register! Contact us for alumni pricing discounts for certificate and credit level. Children-K-6th parallel program will be offered for $25 per student. Childcare for babies-Pre-K will need to be pre-arranged for registered adults.
Perspectives Course ALL ARE WELCOME!
Perspectives is a global discipleship and outreach course and it’s coming to Findlay Ohio and surrounding community for the very first time in January 2021! It’s a unique opportunity to be discipled with believers from all different backgrounds. Perspectives is 15 powerful weekly lessons that have equipped thousands of everyday believers with greater vision, hope, and passion. We will learn from outstanding instructors — communicators, theologians, international missiologists, and mobilizers – as they share from their experiences and teach us the Biblical, Historical, Cultural and Strategic perspectives of God’s plan for the nations. God is on a mission to bless the peoples of the world and YOU are invited to join Him!
Perspectives Course Details
Perspectives focuses on four distinct vantage points:
1. Biblical Perspective– what every believer is called to do,
2. Historical perspective — the history of the whole Church, not any specific denomination,
3. Cultural perspective — how to reach cross-cultures, and
4. Strategic perspective — how far we have yet to go to reach every nation with the Gospel.
Our vision is to have our world wrecked by Jesus and dream God’s dreams for those who have never encountered Him. We want to see through the eyes of love and encounter His heart ourselves. Once our eyes are filled with his love, we will see the world and those we encounter in new ways.
WHO SHOULD TAKE PERSPECTIVES?
The short answer is anyone who wants a closer walk with the Lord, who is serious about gaining a deeper understanding of His ultimate purpose in the world. It’s for anyone who wants to learn how to strategically invest their lives in seeing God glorified; for anyone who wants to gain insight and direction that will help them to impact their generation.
If the above describes you, no matter what your age or position, Perspectives is for you! Perspectives is not tied to any specific denomination. It is open to all who want to follow Jesus.
LEAD COORDINATOR: (please contact for more information)
Jennifer Baldridge, APR, M.S.O.D.
15 5-STAR WORLD-CLASS INSTRUCTORS INCLUDE:
–Jaime Saint, grandson of Nate Saint who was martyred with Jim Elliot.
–Dr. Mary Ho, International Executive Leader of All Nations International (trained and sent missionary John Chau)
WHAT ARE THE STUDY LEVELS & REQUIREMENTS?
All students enjoy the same interactive class activities, instructor presentations, and all are assigned a mentor. All students will have reading assignments plus five personal reflections. The amount of time invested in reading and assignments varies with each level. Choose the level that is best suited to you at this time.
Perspectives can be taken at 3 levels:
Key Reading, Certificate, and Credit.
1. Key Reading is the lowest exposure to the Perspectives curriculum. Students will be enriched by instructors, lesser weekly reading, and five personal reflections, but will miss the accountability and additional learning that Certificate level provides. Students will not earn a certificate of completion, but may attend future classes for free or a minimal cost. Cost: $205 or $230 depending on payment date.
2. Certificate is the recommended level for students looking to fully engage with all that Perspectives has to offer. Along with the instructors, you will engage with excellent weekly readings, weekly lesson review questions, five personal reflections, and a class project. You will receive a certificate of completion and be able to visit any future classes for free or a minimal cost. Cost: $205 or $230 depending on payment date.
3. Credit – undergraduate or graduate students have more reading, a midterm and final, and a more comprehensive class project than the certificate level. Cost: $550
*The Certificate level is recommended for students to get the full impact of the course and be kept accountable to read (90% of the course is in the textbook). Note: many missions agencies, committees, etc. require this level for candidacy; as does Perspectives for those wanting to coordinate a class in the future and/or become an instructor.
**Credit comes through Excelsior University. Cost: $550.00
Perspectives partners with Excelsior University (and many others) to offer undergraduate and graduate level credit hours. Additional reading and exams are required based on the requirements of the credit granting institution. It is the student’s responsibility to verify with his/her school that the credit earned will be transferable to their plan of study.
A syllabus is available from the class coordinator.
January 3 (Sunday) 6:30 pm - April 24 (Saturday) 9:15 pm
Gateway Church – 9555 County Road – Findlay, OH